More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- A Look Inside Joshua Vides' "Reality to Idea" Exhibition in LA.
- Swizz Beatz & The Dean Collection will offer $5,000 to artists for putting on their own show.
- A closer look at the Artcurial "C.R.E.A.M." auction and exhibition of Supreme grails.
- Donald Trump’s face will be sculpted on a glacier for $500,000.
- MoMA’s rich holdings on view in Collection Galleries 1880s – 1950s.
- After Frida Kahlo Barbie debacle, licensing company sues artist’s relative.
- PODCAST: Exploring the art market's best (and worst) practices.
- Sotheby's Hong Kong Announces "CURATED: TURN IT UP".
- Frieze will offer “compensation” to all galleries in its NY fair for “extreme weather conditions.”
- Larry Gagosian, Edward Dolman talk billion-dollar paintings, Picasso, and the gallery business.
- Diego Rivera painting "Los Rivales" (The Rivals) sets record at Christie's auction.
- This Modigliani nude has the highest pre-sale auction estimate of all time—here’s why.
- Picasso, Monet, and Matisse lead the way to $646 million haul at Christie’s Rockefeller evening sale.
How to own a piece of the Rockefeller Estate for less than $500.
- Marina Abramovic & Pussy Riot's Nadya Tolokonnikova come together for 'New York Times' talks.
- The Met’s “Heavenly Bodies”—and Rihanna’s hat—examines power in the Catholic Church.
Why meditating might make you a better artist.
A new study suggests a link between creativity and brain structure.
- How Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s paintings inspired his son’s famous films.
When Duchamp agreed to forge one of his most famous works.
- How a lovers’ quarrel led to Francis Bacon’s 1968 arrest for marijuana possession.
- Meet the artists infusing Brooklyn Museum’s ‘Radical Women’ show with a touch of New York.
- Sex, drugs, & subversion: The story behind Warhol’s Chelsea Girls.
- A documentary on Basquiat’s teen years tracks a star’s early ascent.
- Catching up with Mr. Brainwash, the artist who out-Banksyed Banksy.
- Curator Max Wolf on why RAMMΣLLZΣΣ is so influential to graffiti & hip-hop.
- Why did Cuba deport artists trying to attend Havana’s first alternative biennial?
- What blockchain means for Contemporary art.
- New database highlights overlooked European Avant-Garde artists.
- Peek inside the world’s largest artificial intelligence exhibit in Paris.
With swirling abstract paintings, Terry Winters captures the alluring chaos of the information age.
- School of Visual Arts removes two professors accused of improper behavior.
- Bloomberg expands arts grant program to seven more cities.
- Lehmann Maupin to open new Chelsea gallery in September.
- First look at NYC’s new museum celebrating poster art.
- Abstract shapes and graffiti-inspired swirls leap off the wall in new three-dimensional murals by Peeta.
- Artist MyeongBeom Kim reinterprets common objects in delightful ways.
- Over 100 British artists sign petition: Ebacc will damage creativity and self-expression.
- Can a mega-exhibition change the way you think? The largest-ever Baltic Triennial is going to try.
- Immediate reinstatement of Anna Coliva as Director of the Galleria Borghese.
- Georg Baselitz to be first living artist to have major show at Accademia in Venice.
- George Condo to launch first major museum exhibition in Greece.
- 'King of Danish painting' Per Kirkeby dies aged 79.
How museums handle forgeries in their collections.
- Dallas Museum of Art presents its 2018 awards to Artists.
- Who decides what is violent in the Museum?
Anna Boghiguian explores the violence of history through a personal lens.
- Everyone has an opinion about Julian Schnabel. But do we really know his work?
- Why do artists choose Los Angeles?
- Los Angeles gallery Jenny’s ventures to London for the summer.
- As government pushes neighboring businesses out, one Beijing art space perseveres.
- Maceo Eagle's first book 'Escape to the Present' debuts at Galerie Perrotin.
The art of calligraphy is more than just pretty handwriting.